Spanish and Golf
It is an intensive Spanish course and golf practice aimed at students over 16 years of age. This course has been designed in collaboration with the Soria Golf Club. It lasts for two weeks.
The groups are created taking into account the language levels of the participants and the different levels of golf, in order to form homogeneous groups with specialized teachers both in the Spanish and golf courses.
The course is available on the following dates:
- June 28 – July 9, 2021
- July 12 – July 23, 2021
- July 26 – August 6, 2021
Spanish learners of all levels (A1-C1) and over 16 years old, who want to take a general Spanish course at CIAM (Intensive Spanish Course A1-C1) or a DELE preparation course, and who want to complement their learning with a sports experience and the use of Spanish in golf.
Elements of the program
In terms of education and training:
- Initial assessment through level classification tests, written grammar and vocabulary tests, reading comprehension test and, if necessary, an oral test. The tests are done before beginning the course. The test is not included in school hours.
- 30 hours in the Intensive General Spanish Course (A1-C1) or in the DELE Preparation Course.
- 3 hours a day, in the mornings, from Monday to Friday, to work on the different language communication activities: comprehension, expression, interaction, oral and written mediation, grammar and vocabulary. It includes workshops on conversation, videos, games, news and Spanish culture. The duration of each session is 55 minutes.
- In class there will be a minimum number of 5 students and a maximum of 12 for each language level.
- 20 hours of classes at the golf course.
- 2 hours a day, in the afternoons, from Monday to Friday, taught by a qualified instructor from the Soria Golf Club. They include both classes on the practice field and field trips. Golf lessons take place at the Pedrajas golf course at the Soria Golf Club. Students are taken to the golf course in a private bus.
- Final evaluation. At the end of the course, students take a test or exam to assess the learning objectives achieved and the communication skills developed. The assessment system includes: tests to assess listening comprehension from oral texts; reading comprehension test from written texts; written expression test; and test of grammar and vocabulary. The monitoring and participation of the student in the activities carried out inside and outside the classroom will be highly valued.
In terms of accommodation:
- Accommodation at the Duques de Soria student dormitory, in a shared double room, on a full-board basis.
- Transfer to the golf course.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the CIAM building.
- Free access to the computer rooms of the center.
- Free access to the gym of the student dormitory.
- Guide to the cultural activities of the city and province.
- Orientation to practice other sports in the city: paddle tennis, swimming, kayaking, etc.
- Accident insurance.
- Emergency telephone 24 hours a day.
The course is mainly practical and experiential. The sessions are organized following dynamics and activities that involve the participants experientially. Reflection and research about the work carried out are the fundamental tools used to build knowledge and guide the learning experiences of the participants. The golf course allows using Spanish in a real communicative situation.
The teachers of our language and culture courses are in charge of planning and developing the classes of our programs. You can check their professional profiles here.
At the end of the experience students will receive a certificate of attendance or participation which will state the program carried out, the objectives covered, the result of the evaluation, the number of teaching hours taken and the contents of the program.
Registration is made online through our website. Payment is made by credit or debit card with a transfer.
- The Spanish and golf course can also be organized for groups of any age at any time of the year.
- The Spanish and golf course can be carried out with a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 16. In the event that a minimum number is not reached, the program will not be carried out.
- In the event that there is not a sufficient number of students in an intensive course, CIAM may cancel the program or modify it.
To know more about conditions of registration, payment, cancellations and visas, click here.
|30 hours intensive general Spanish course|
20 hours golf course
Accommodation in the student dormitory, in a shared double room, on a full-board basis (14 days)
Características del curso
- Duración 2 weeks
- Nivel All levels
- Nº alumnos 10-16
- Material si
- Alojamiento si
During the course sudents stay at the Duques de Soria student dormitory, in double rooms with bathroom, on a full-board basis (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
The student dormitory provides sheets, pillows and towels, but soap and shampoo are not included. The room and bathroom are cleaned once a week and sheets are changed. Common areas are cleaned on a daily basis.
In the dormitory there is a free laundry service with washing machines and irons available to students. Soap is not provided for the use of the washing machines.
Access to common spaces (lounge, study room, gym) is free.
In addition, there is a 24-hour reception and security service.
No hay testimonios disponibles
¿Has realizado este curso? Contacta con nosotros para darnos tu opinión y ayudar así a que otras personas interesadas puedan conocerlo mejor. ¡Gracias!