Spanish in Action and in Nature for Teenagers
Spanish in action and in nature is an intensive Spanish course for teenagers between 12 and 15 years old, which is available in the summer months (July and August). It includes a Spanish course combined with recreational activities in which students have the opportunity to be part of the community and carry out activities in which they meet and interact with young Spaniards.
The program includes language and culture classes, activities in the nature, leisure and sports activities and trips. In the morning, students attend language classes, which are followed by a wide range of activities, such as workshops, trips, games, board games, sports, parties, competitions, and many other educational proposals. These activities aim at promoting an action-oriented approach in which students interact with the environment and natural landscape of Soria.
Spanish in action and nature is a novel linguistic immersion program where students learn by playing. They have plenty of opportunities to participate in the life of the community at the time they reflect on the similarities and differences between the language and culture they learn at school and those they experience in Soria.
Students between 12 and 15 years old who want to live an intense experience in which they learn Spanish, play outdoors, participate in group activities, and above all, connect with nature, with the culture of the environment and with the community life.
Main elements of the program
Regarding education and training:
- Initial interview and questionnaire to analyze the students’ learning needs and thus organize the groups and customize the program before the beginning of classes.
- 30 class sessions, with 15 classes of 55 minutes a week.
- Activities in nature to connect with the natural environment.
- Cultural, leisure and sports activities in the city to explore the environment.
- Trips across the province of Soria.
Regarding the student’s stay:
- Accommodation service at the “Duques de Soria” student dormitory on a full board basis.
The general and specific objectives of the course are specified once the group is formed, based on the needs analysis and the programs that CIAM has designed for the different general Spanish courses and the different levels (A1-C1) that make up its curriculum. You can find a number of general objectives below. They can be adapted depending on the level of proficiency and students’ background. Objectives related to the environment, nature and the social context are included.
- To get alone in everyday situations using Spanish: to make and respond to requests, to express interest, to ask for basic information, etc.
- To become familiar with a variety of linguistic and non-linguistic resources for expression and interaction in Spanish.
- To develop intercultural skills and attitudes that enable cultural interaction and mediation.
- To make use of skills, abilities and attitudes to make up for communication breakdowns with Spanish speakers.
- To identify and review beliefs about oneself as a learner of foreign languages in general, and Spanish in particular.
- To develop strategies that allow designing one’s own learning project.
- To become familiar with general knowledge about social conventions and cultural references of the Hispanic culture.
- To know and value nature and the environment, and to develop environmental awareness.
- To identify the different names of animals and plants in the environment of Soria and to establish connections with those of the student’s environment.
- To carry out activities in the natural environment in a creative and responsible way.
- To develop skills for observation and sensory exploration and enjoyment of nature.
- To discover the art in nature.
The sessions that take place in the courses, workshops, and activities of nature, leisure and sports, including cultural trips, are organized following dynamics and activities that involve the participants experientially. Reflection and inquiry about the work done are the essential tools used to build knowledge and guide their learning experiences. Language and culture classes include outdoor sessions once a week.
The teachers of our language and culture courses are in charge of planning and developing the classes of our programs. You can check their professional profiles here.
At the end of the program, students will receive a certificate that will state the number of hours of training and participation in the activities, the objectives and contents of the courses taken and the final grade obtained.
The program includes:
- Enrollment in our courses;
- 2 weeks of classes and a linguistic, cultural and natural stay in Soria;
- Accommodation in the student dormitory or with a host family, in a full board basis (3 meals a day);
- General orientation upon arrival and orientation prior to trips and other complementary activities;
- Handbook of the cultural programs of the city and the area;
- Certificate of attendance;
- Accident and health insurance;
- Availability of self-printing service for teachers and students;
- Wi-Fi in the facilities of the center;
- Free access to the center’s video library, the dormitory and the public library.
- Free access to the computer room;
- Free access to the gym of the dormitory;
- Use of the administrative resources and program management of the center;
- Emergency telephone number 24 hours a day;
- Pick-up service to Madrid or Zaragoza airport;
The program does not include:
- Plane tickets;
- Textbooks for class;
- Weekend trips.
Students can stay in our dormitory. It offers meals in a full board basis, Wi-Fi, a TV room, a gym and a laundry.
The group must have a minimum of 10 students. In August, in order to stay in our dormitory groups must have 20 students.
CIAM offers free accommodation and full board in our dormitory to accompanying teachers (1 teacher for free for every 10 students).
|“Spanish in action and nature” (for groups of more than 15 students)||2 weeks||1180 euros|
|“Spanish in action and nature” (for groups of 10 to 15 students)||2 weeks||1210 euros|
A number of middle and high schools from different countries have participated in our program “Spanish in action and nature”, including the Scuola Sacra Famiglia in Cremona.
For more information about the program, please contact email@example.com
Características del curso
- Duración July and August
- Nivel A2 - C1
- Nº alumnos +10 students
- Material si
- Alojamiento si
Comfortable accommodation and safe environment
Students can stay at our student dormitory or with a host family in a full-board basis, in a shared double room with bathroom. Students will be supervised 24/7 while they participate in the program.
No hay testimonios disponibles
¿Has realizado este curso? Contacta con nosotros para darnos tu opinión y ayudar así a que otras personas interesadas puedan conocerlo mejor. ¡Gracias!