Intensive Spanish Courses
We organize intensive courses of Spanish as a foreign language throughout the year, on the first and third Mondays of every month, aimed at Spanish students of all ages. Our intensive courses are organized according to our students’ levels and ages, in order to create homogeneous groups with specialized teachers and tutors. The courses aim at helping students achieve the learning objectives linked to the levels A1-C1 that are specified in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
The courses include 20 classes a week, with four daily sessions of 55 minutes each. The courses last for one or two weeks.
Classes are organized so that students can achieve learning objectives of each of the levels of Spanish language proficiency (A1-C1). The class sessions are organized around communication tasks, which are carried out inside and outside the classroom, in the urban and natural environment of the city of Soria, in which students have to use language resources (grammar, vocabulary), and carry out oral and / or written comprehension, expression, interaction and mediation activities. Some of the tasks include preparing a radio program, interviewing someone from the community, delivering a brief presentation about the characteristics of Soria, and explaining similarities and differences between the landscape of the city and its surroundings and the students’ hometown, among others.
The courses include conversation, press and culture workshops, and require the students to work with audio-visual materials and films or film clips in Spanish.
Spanish learners of all levels (A1-C1) and all ages, who attend courses at other educational institutions or who learn Spanish independently and want to reinforce their level of Spanish or work on specific aspects (oral or written expression, oral or written comprehension, oral or written interaction, oral or written mediation, grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, etc.).
Students and learners who understand that a learning experience in Spain can help them achieve learning objectives and get to know the culture and ways of life of a city and a community where it is easy to participate, establish relationships and observe cultural patterns.
Elements of the program
In terms of education and training:
- Initial interview before beginning the classes and learning needs questionnaire that will help us create the groups and customize the course and class program.
- 40 class sessions, with 20 class sessions per week. Each session lasts 55 minutes.
- Final task: to interview a person from Soria’s cultural life. Students will have the opportunity to get closer to the life of the city.
In terms of the stay:
- Accommodation available with host families or shared flats, individual apartments, hotels, etc. You can find information on prices at the bottom of this page.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the CIAM building.
- Access to the CIAM library.
- Free access to the video library of CIAM, to the library of the student dormitory (which is in the same complex), and to the public library.
- Free access to the computer rooms of the center.
- Free access to the gym of the student dormitory.
- Guide to the cultural program of the city and province;
- Orientation about sports in the city: paddle tennis, swimming, kayaking …
- Accident insurance.
- Emergency telephone number 24 hours a day.
- The program “Spanish in the community and volunteering” available to complement the class sessions. It can take place on the evening. Please contact us for information on prices.
- Weekend trips to important places in Soria.
- Individual classes: optionally, CIAM offers the possibility to turn the course into a super-intensive course by complementing the classes with 10 hours of private lessons (2 additional sessions per day).
- Tandem program of language exchange: Spanish – English, Spanish – German and Spanish – Italian.
We have designed programs for general Spanish courses and levels (A1-C1), which are the foundations of all our programs. However, the general and specific objectives of each course are specified once the group is created, based on the needs analysis.
You can find a number of general objectives below, which are organized depending on the level:
- To interact in a simple way and with a very limited repertoire of language resources if there is help from the interlocutor.
- To understand very short and simple written texts with a clear structure.
- To be able to meet immediate needs related to specific and predictable everyday communicative situations.
- To express oneself in an understandable and clear way in simple contexts.
- To interact in basic everyday communicative situations.
- To be able to properly use basic social conventions in order to communicate in an understandable way in everyday situations.
- To understand short and simple texts and even journalistic texts.
- To get along with reasonable correction and flexibility in everyday situations of certain complexity.
- To use a varied but simple lexicon and structures relatively fluently and correctly.
- To describe experiences, wishes, complaints and plans.
- To understand and produce relatively complex texts on everyday topics and short official documents.
- To communicate fluently and precisely, adopting the proper register and level of formality, to express arguments and nuances appropriate to the situation.
- To get along in social situations without difficulties, expressing oneself with fluency, precision and spontaneity.
- To understand and produce texts on concrete and abstract topics, and discuss them.
- To get along in all types of communicative situations, even when they require talking about abstract and complex issues.
- To communicate fluently and spontaneously even in complex communicative situations using an extensive and precise lexicon and a wide and varied repertoire of linguistic resources.
- To produce clear, well-structured and detailed texts on topics of a certain complexity.
The course is mainly practical and experiential. The sessions are organized following dynamics and activities that involve the participants experientially, both inside and outside the classroom. We always hold a class session outdoors every day, in the gardens of the Convento de la Merced or other places in the city, because the community and the city environment are the perfect location to use Spanish.
Reflection and inquiry about the work done are the essential tools used to build knowledge and guide the students’ learning experiences.
The teachers of our language and culture courses are in charge of planning and developing the classes of our programs. You can check their professional profiles here.
At the end of the course, students take a test to assess whether they have achieved the learning objectives. The evaluation system consists of the following tests:
- Tests to evaluate the communicative skills of the students (comprehension, expression, interaction and oral and written mediation) and a short task to review the grammar and vocabulary studied in the course.
- Analysis of the learning process. The monitoring and participation of the students in the activities carried out inside and outside the classroom is highly valued. To do so, teachers go over the students’ learning diaries.
At the end of the program and after completing the final evaluation tasks, students will receive a certificate that will state the number of hours of training and participation in the activities, the objectives and contents of the course and the final grade obtained. In the event that a student does not do the formal evaluation tests, they will be able to receive a certificate of attendance, which will state the number of teaching hours taken and the activities carried out.
Registration is applied for online through our website, and payments are made with a credit or debit card through a transfer.
|Minimum number of weeks||One|
|Minimum and maximum number of students in a class||5-10
*A minimum number of 5 students is required to form a group.
|When can I start the course?||The first and third Monday of each month.|
|Levels||A1, A2, B1, B2, C1|
|Duration of class sessions||55 minutes|
|Certificate||Certificate of attendance or achievement|
|Payment method||In advance (pre-booking and reservation)|
|General intensive Spanish course (one week)||Every first and third Monday of each month||240 €|
|General intensive Spanish course (two weeks)||Every first and third Monday of each month||440 €|
Price of additional services
|10 hours of individual classes||Optional||300 €|
|Immersion experiences: Spanish in the community and volunteering (two weeks)||Optional||240 €|
|Accommodation with a host family||In a single room, in a full-board basis, and just one student per family||30 € per day|
|Accommodation in the student dormitory – one week (limited availability)||In a shared double room and in a full-board basis||25 € per day|
|Accommodation in the student dormitory – two weeks (limited availability)||In a shared double room and in a full-board basis||350 € 14 days|
|Accommodation in the student dormitory – one or two weeks (limited availability)||In a single room and in a full-board basis||35 € per day|
|Weekend trip||Optional||Contact us for price|
Conditions of registration, payment, cancellation and visas
For more information on the conditions of registration, payment, cancellation and visas, click here.
In the event that there is not a sufficient number of students in an intensive course, CIAM may cancel the program and return students the entire amount of money paid.
Características del curso
- Duración 40 hours
- Nivel A1, A2, B1, B2, C1
- Nº alumnos 5 -10
- Material si
- Alojamiento no
The complementary activities included in the price of the course are adapted to the course program, the timetable and the level. Students will carry out these activities in the mornings or afternoons.
- Welcome and orientation;
- Training tasks: e.g. "I’m interviewed at Radio Ser", "I’m a guide for a day";
- Weekly visits around the city to see the main monuments;
- Gymkhana around the city;
- Visit to the Plaza de Toros with an expert;
- Spanish cinema every Thursday evening;
More activities... In addition to the classes and complementary activities included in the intensive course program, a wide range of weekend trips, as well as cultural, sports and leisure activities are offered to use Spanish in real contexts outside the classroom, and in social contexts in order to to achieve a true immersion in Spanish life and the Spanish language and culture. Check out our Spanish outside the classroom and Spanish in the community and volunteering programs.
Along with excellence in all our courses, we also seek to ensure that our students' stay in Soria is inclusive in every possible way. Therefore, one of our priorities is that our students are comfortable. Within the accommodation options, students can choose:
- University student dormitory "Duques de Soria"
- Host family
Our accommodation options have been carefully selected for their comfort, safety and proximity to the city center and CIAM. All common expenses (electricity, water, etc.) are included in the price of the accommodation. Payments for the accommodation and the course must be made together in the administration of the center. In the terms and conditions of enrolment, CIAM provides students with the possibility to change their accommodation if for any reason they are not happy with the option chosen. In that case, they must notify us as soon as possible. In order to book accommodation, the student must indicate the chosen option as well as the date of arrival and departure in the enrolment application. If the student wishes to extend their stay, they must notify us. For more information about our accommodation options and prices click here.
No hay testimonios disponibles
¿Has realizado este curso? Contacta con nosotros para darnos tu opinión y ayudar así a que otras personas interesadas puedan conocerlo mejor. ¡Gracias!